For all you, frequent flyers. You know that sometimes the most tiring thing about traveling during holiday’s can be the airport itself, the money and the time spent. Prices rising because of the season is not cool… Am right?
Today, we’ll teach you how to avoid airport headaches during the upcoming holidays, such as traffic, baggage fees, and delayed flights. We’ll also teach you how to get access to lounges even if you don’t have the necessary status with the airline. Take note: these are our favorite hacks for saving time and money.
1. Park cheap: Parking nearby the airport can be expensive in any date, except if you park at San Diego’s Park Shuttle & Fly. You can save money by parking at our fully fenced parking facility use our free airport shuttles to and from the airport for rates as low as $14.99, we aren’t exaggerating when we say we are the best option out there. Conveniently located just across the street from the SAN Airport.
2. Avoid hotels: Definitely expensive. What a rag huh? Also, they have a way of isolating you from fully experiencing the city. If you’re visiting family or friends, see if you can crash on a couch, rent a hostel or something cheaper from couchsurfing.com or airbnb.com.
3. Pack only the indispensable: If you want to save money for Christmas gifts you might want to consider traveling light. Come on! You’ll even save money.Take some time to ask yourself if all the items in your suitcase are truly necessary.
4. Wear your luggage: If the last tip isn’t an option and you truly want to avoid baggage fees, consider wearing your luggage. Stuff your jackets! Huge ones with a lot of pockets are the best. There are even some companies that have created wearable luggage. For example, Jaktogo sells a jacket that converts to a bag, so you can wear it through security and save money.
5. Forget about wrapping your gifts: If you’re going home for the holidays or have a souvenir to bring someone, think twice about wrapping your gifts ahead of time. There is the possibility that airport security might decide to unwrap your items to get a look inside. Save yourself the drag by putting your family’s gifts in reusable gift bags
6. Check your flight status online: You want to be early to that Christmas party? Before heading to the airport, you better check your flight status online. Delays happen, and instead of waiting at the terminal for hours, you can get real-time updates before leaving the house. THIS IS A MUST IN ANY CASE!
7. Easier access to airport lounges: You haven’t got lounge access through a credit card for travel and you want to get comfy after spending a long trip full of setbacks due to Christmas? You should consider buying a priority pass membership. At https://www.prioritypass.com/en/join/step2 you can get one. They would give you access to over 1,200 airport lounges. Standard membership for the first year is $99. This might be a good option if you’re thinking on international traveling or a long flight.