With Valentine’s Day around the corner, it’s time to start planning to spend a fantastic evening with your significant other.
If you haven’t thought about anything yet, or if you’re thinking about going the extra mile and doing something special, a trip to one of the United State’s most romantic cities may just be the thing you’re looking for.
Here are some ideas to spend a romantic and unforgettable adventure this February 14h.
San Francisco is all about innovation mixed with tradition, and this applies to romance as well. The city is full of traditional and non-traditional ideas for lovers that will transform any date into a night to remember.
A lovely picnic at the Golden Gate Park is a fantastic way of starting the day, though if you’d rather do something at night, you might want to change the location to the Bay Lights Show and its magical colors.
Share dinner in one of the city’s many Spanish, Italian or French restaurants, or if you’re a foodie at heart, take a Gourmet Walk tour with your partner, enjoying delicious and creative food, champagne and gourmet chocolate.
If your idea of a romantic evening can’t be complete without stunning views, then head over to The Top of the Mark, one of San Francisco’s tallest rooftop hotels, and a perfect place to enjoy delicious cocktails or a fantastic glass of wine.
Are you looking for a fun activity that can be enjoyed by singles and partners? Then you’re going to love Justin Heman Plaza’s Valentine’s Day Pillow Fight, a free-for-all pillow battle royale that’s bound to create amazing memories.
When it comes to glamorous destinations, it’s hard to beat Los Angeles, with its elegant restaurant, vibrant nightclubs, A-list celebrities hangups, and more.
What’s most, while Los Angeles is full of romantic destinations, it also provides ample opportunity to celebrate with your friends, making it a destination worth visiting by both singles and couples alike.
Local restaurants prepare for Valentine’s by sprucing up their menus, decorating their tables, and offering the best champagnes and wines. If you’re looking to celebrate with a romantic dinner, we suggest you check out these restaurants:
- 71Above: A beautiful and cozy restaurant offering a prix fixe dinner of four courses, plus an amuse bouche for $135 per person. ($175 with wine pairing)
- Carbon Beach Club: A romantic venue in Miami Beach offering a three-course, prix fixe menu for $68 per person. ($95 with wine pairing)
If you’d rather spend the day in a place where you can enjoy gorgeous sights, then head over to the Long Beach Harbor Tour and rent a cruise! February is smack-in-the-middle of gray whale season, which means you’ll be able to sail alongside these magnificent creatures while enjoying quality time with your significant other.
You might be surprised to find Las Vegas in this list, considering just how popular this destination can be for disastrous relationships, but give The City of Second Chances a second chance, because it offers plenty of romantic options for Valentine’s Day.
Las Vegas is full of jaw-dropping gorgeous places to pop the question, such as the Red Rock Canyon or, better yet, The Grand Canyon; What better way of promising your love than in one of the world’s most stunning sceneries?
If you’re one for grand gestures, many of Las Vegas’s shows will cooperate with you to include your proposal in the show, giving you the chance to propose in style.
If big shows aren’t your idea of romance, but you’d still like to do something unique, the Freemont Street Experience, or the Stratosphere Observation Platform are also yours to play with.
Fun as some of these suggestions might be, it’s always a good idea to put your touch to make them extra special; After all, you want to show your pure, unadulterated love, so take these ideas and run with them.
For all you, frequent flyers. You know that sometimes the most tiring thing about traveling during holiday’s can be the airport itself, the money and the time spent. Prices rising because of the season is not cool… Am right?
Today, we’ll teach you how to avoid airport headaches during the upcoming holidays, such as traffic, baggage fees, and delayed flights. We’ll also teach you how to get access to lounges even if you don’t have the necessary status with the airline. Take note: these are our favorite hacks for saving time and money.
1. Park cheap: Parking nearby the airport can be expensive in any date, except if you park at San Diego’s Park Shuttle & Fly. You can save money by parking at our fully fenced parking facility use our free airport shuttles to and from the airport for rates as low as $14.99, we aren’t exaggerating when we say we are the best option out there. Conveniently located just across the street from the SAN Airport.
2. Avoid hotels: Definitely expensive. What a rag huh? Also, they have a way of isolating you from fully experiencing the city. If you’re visiting family or friends, see if you can crash on a couch, rent a hostel or something cheaper from couchsurfing.com or airbnb.com.
3. Pack only the indispensable: If you want to save money for Christmas gifts you might want to consider traveling light. Come on! You’ll even save money.Take some time to ask yourself if all the items in your suitcase are truly necessary.
4. Wear your luggage: If the last tip isn’t an option and you truly want to avoid baggage fees, consider wearing your luggage. Stuff your jackets! Huge ones with a lot of pockets are the best. There are even some companies that have created wearable luggage. For example, Jaktogo sells a jacket that converts to a bag, so you can wear it through security and save money.
5. Forget about wrapping your gifts: If you’re going home for the holidays or have a souvenir to bring someone, think twice about wrapping your gifts ahead of time. There is the possibility that airport security might decide to unwrap your items to get a look inside. Save yourself the drag by putting your family’s gifts in reusable gift bags
6. Check your flight status online: You want to be early to that Christmas party? Before heading to the airport, you better check your flight status online. Delays happen, and instead of waiting at the terminal for hours, you can get real-time updates before leaving the house. THIS IS A MUST IN ANY CASE!
7. Easier access to airport lounges: You haven’t got lounge access through a credit card for travel and you want to get comfy after spending a long trip full of setbacks due to Christmas? You should consider buying a priority pass membership. At https://www.prioritypass.com/en/join/step2 you can get one. They would give you access to over 1,200 airport lounges. Standard membership for the first year is $99. This might be a good option if you’re thinking on international traveling or a long flight.
There’s no denying the beauty of a snowy morning when all sounds seem to vanish, and the world takes an almost magical glow.
Fun as winter can be, though, not everyone is a fan of cold weather, and even those who are, often find themselves fantasizing about a warm beach when the freezing temperatures drag out a little too long.
If you’re thinking about becoming a snowbird and ditching snow for sand, read on. We’ve compiled some of the best beach destinations to get away from the cold.
When you think of Kenya, you might picture safaris, Acacia trees and the orange hues of the sunset, but this beautiful African country is also home to absolutely stunning beaches.
Some of Kenya’s most popular beaches include:
- Diani, a 10 km stretch of immaculate white sand, known not only as a surfing destination but also as a hotspot for whale sharks –the world’s largest fish– and the place to visit when you want to catch a camel ride.
- Chale Island, a small and exclusive destination smack in the middle of the ocean that allows visitors to enjoy private beaches and trips to the jungle all in the same place.
- Watamu, a small but charming slice of the coastline that boasts not only a marine national park that’s heaven for SCUBA divers but also a UNESCO World Heritage site.
It’s no secret that Mexico is famous thanks to its jaw-dropping beaches and pleasant weather, but while Cancún is a world destination, it’s far from the only thing Mexico offers.
Some of the best beaches you’ll find in Mexico are:
- Huatulco, a series of bays surrounded by lush mountains that offer calm waters, a small but modern city, and the opportunity to kick back and relax without tons of spring breakers.
- Zihuatanejo, a popular destination amongst locals, yet relatively undiscovered by tourists, that offers large waves for surfers, delicious food for foodies, and a vibrant nightlife everyone ought to enjoy.
- Holbox, an idyllic island in Yucatan that foregoes resorts and offers visitors near-virgin beaches, and the opportunity to swim with whale sharks and horseshoe crabs.
It’s no surprise that Thailand is featured in this list, as this gorgeous country boasts some of the best beaches in the world, as well as a vibrant nightlife and a rich history that makes every visit the opportunity to learn something new.
Some of the best beaches in Thailand include:
- Kata, a small and well-preserved stretch of beach that offers visitors the opportunity to relax away from the city while enjoying delicious cocktails and soaking in the scenery.
- Lamai, a popular destination amongst locals and visitors alike that balances fun and relaxation and provides guests the chance to enjoy a quiet beach and a bustling nightlife.
- Sairee, a world-class destination for divers and snorkelers that offers visitors the chance to get up close and personal with all kinds of sea life, including the whale shark.
The world’s a huge place, and there are many more beaches to cover but for now, keep in mind these three countries for when you’re planning your next trip to the beach.